Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cozumel

This is the highway between PaaMul and Playa Del Carmen about 08:30 AM.
On our way to the ferry to go to Cozumel.















Here we are in line waiting for the opening of the gates so we can board the ferry.














We are still waiting. Chuck had me bring out chairs, and I made us a sandwich for break-lunch while we waited. There were lots of very beauty-t-full butterfly's around and Pancho made busy trying to chase them.
















Gates were opened, and we move ahead to be loaded.














Inward we go.














And then we are in and parked. Notice Chuck and Pancho sitting in the truck.















Last truck in.














Now we are waiting for the rest of the cars, motorcycles and trucks. I left about this time as the fumes in there from the exhaust was pretty bad.
















This is on the deck looking out.
















Here is Pancho and I enjoying the Ferry ride. Notice what a good little traveler he is. He is so sweet. Notice the guy over at the railing. Pancho would not let him come near me. He tried to kill that man just a few minutes before the picture was taken. Man stays away from the mom.
















We felt very safe in knowing that none of the life boats had props.















After awhile Pancho decided that since he is on a cruise, he might as well lay in the sun and get a tan.
















Here is Cozumel.
















This is Playa Del Carmen.

















You guessed it, that's a cruise ship in Cozumel.















And. It is the Carnival Conquest.

















This is the docking for Trucks and Vehicles coming from the Ferry's.















All little vehicles get to go first.

















Ha-So says Pancho. Dad!! Where is DAD!!! He must drive this thing. OK, so, no dad yet, I will watch and wait and make sure NO ONE touches OUR/MY Truck until Dad comes back to drive. MOM, where is MOM??? Oh my, the sun is in my eyes, I can not see much....But I will remain diligent in my quest to protect Truck!!














This is chuck Geo Caching. Notice the swamp. I refused to go into swamps. I stayed and took pictures. Oh, he did find the cache, was there any doubt he would?? Yeah Chuck, hold them shorts up so they do not get wet. Actually, it was not a swamp, it is road side water hold from all the rain in the last couple of days and nights.
















SAND!!! A Hugh pile. ....and all his!! Actually this is stuff they are using to build John and Angelica's house with. We were letting him play in this, however, now we can not. Not only did they move a bunch of it, but he got a rash from it also. He just came back from the vet again today. Third vet visit since Mexico. His manhood taken, then mange treatment, and now a rash for allergies. Man, good thing Mexican vets are affordable.















Now does this look like he is having a good time or what!!!

















This is a beautiful statue they are building around by the People ferry entrance in Cozumel.
















This is a beach picture of the other side of the island.














Another one. This is a bar/restaurant on the East side of the island.














Another picture of the East side. The beaches here and water are just beautiful.
















Well you all, that is all the pictures for now. I will be taking more soon and posting them as we go. Oh, I have got to mention something that I learned today at the vets office. Did you all know that mange is transferred from Parent to pup's?? I did not know that either. So if your going to be buying a puppy, ask about if either of the parents or grandparents have ever had mange. Pancho got mange a month back, so we took him to the vet. When I took him to this vet to see if this rash was more mange or something else, she pointed out to me that Pancho had this mange from his parents. She pointed out that because he only had a patch here and there, it was hereditary and not from the street or another dog. When they get it from the ground or another dog, it starts all over their bodies, not just in a little patch or two. Mange can be found in hot climates mostly and is a mite. These mites are transferred by blood from parents. I found this interesting and thought you all should know so in case anyone is puppy shopping, it would be a good thing to look at before breeding your dog.
Other than this new information the day was pretty wonderful. I went to Angelica's mom house and showed her some more watercolor tricks and then came home. Thursday we are going to paint in the morning, and in the afternoon go snorkeling and swimming with Angelica, Rosealba, and the kids. Should be lots of fun!!!
So until we post again in a few days, enjoy your lives you all. I am missing my kids and wish they were her with me. They would be amazed at how much this place has grown and changed in the last ten years.
Talk at you all later.
Chuck, Dee and Pancho
The Ramblin' Ramsey's

Can you see us now? We are in the Hitchhiker.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry we missed you in Cozumel. We were there on Feb. 5, 2007. I didn't have anyway of getting a hold of you. Maybe another! I know you guys are having a wondeful time. Where are you going to stay for the rest of your trip? Please keep in touch.
Love
Val