Saturday, February 03, 2007

Tulum

Tulum.

This was our greeter.....now, I am wrong, he was the one telling us to get our short tails OUT of his park. It is HIS, has been ever since he was a small one and he does not appreciate us humans trapping all over his bugs!! Ok, so much for the locals being friendly. Good thing we were on our way out to, otherwise, we might of had us some cooked lizard for dinner. With chili sauce.















These are our new found friends and travel buddies. One the right is Mike and Pam. One the left is Karen and Chuck.















This is Bob (also fondly known by me as boob....got an idea why by looking at the picture) and his wonderful wife Jean. That is actually a nice picture of them.
















This is Tulum. It is a really nice place. However, what makes this place so wonderful is that it has the backdrop of the beautiful ocean.
















I do not know who she is, but it is a nice poise. Actually, her sweetie was taking a picture of her and chuck horded in. I think he was going for the background.















When we were walking into this place we saw so many people walking out and in with bathing suits on. I could not for the life of me figure out why so many people were almost bare. Did you know that Europeans will wear a bathing suit and nothing else and walk around in public. No little skirt over it, no sarong, no shirt (that is for men, they look pretty funny in some spedo with there chicken legs. Chuck must of enjoyed the butts hanging out, but it was strange to me. I just could not figure it out.
THEN, we saw why. This is a beach that people come to and swim. The water is beautiful. What a nice picture the backdrop of the ruins will make of you swimming in this wonderful place. Now I understood why all the nearly naked people.
















This view is wonderful. The people who built this could see enemies coming for miles. Good vantage points.
















This is more of the ruins. They did not have signs telling what they were (you had to hire a guide) so we guessed.
















Another picture of what DeeDee likes the best. Beautiful water.














Oh Look, It is the Ramseys. Notice chucks shirt. Yes, it is humid and he sweats like a porker. I have my hair up (short as it is, at least it is off my neck) and we are still happy to be there.
HuH, I look about four months pregnant. I can guarantee that I am not. Just some fat still there from being fat.















This is the stairway going down to the beach. It is very steep. I figured why go all the way down there to swim when you have to walk all the way UP that thing, and THEN back to your car at least a mile. By then your hot and tired and really pooped from swimming, climbing stair's and getting kicked out by that damm hugh lizard.
So this is Tulum, hope you enjoyed our picture's. Until next time. Take care of each other.
Chuck, Dee and Pancho. (who by the way was NOT allowed in the park)

No comments: