Saturday, June 23, 2007

Albaquerque New Mexico to Blue Mesa Reservior, Gunnison Colorado

Hello and good Tidings to all!!
Yes, we actually left Deming and are now on the road again. As I type this we are in Elk Creek Camp ground at Blue Mesa Reservoir outside of Gunnison Colorado. I am amidst as to why it is called a camp ground....oh, because we camp. No water or electric at the site's. It is 12 bucks a night to camp here, but if you have golden age it is 6 bucks. The water is great to swim in, although at the present, it is a bit cold. It is cold at night ( in the 5o's I think) but nice during the day. Yesterday it was 85.
Pancho is enjoying all the dog company here. Even though he is on a leash at all times, we go on lots and lots of walks.

Ok, now onto the pictures.
This was leaving the state of New Mexico. They say good-by better than any state I have seen so far. Notice how we are traveling this year. That is our rig behind the sign. Truck, RV and our ATV this summer!!

On Hwy 550 from Albuquerque to Gunnison Colorado.















And then, the sign into Colorado. If you look close at the above picture you will notice that we are parked between states. You can just see the Colorado sign below the Hasta La Vista. That person on the right side is Chuck looking for a Geo Cache. Pancho and I had to find it for him.

















This summit was nice to see. Our Truck kept overheating on it. Chuck got a new radiator cap in Albuquerque as it overheated on way to there, hoping it would fix the problem. It helped, but our truck was unhappy.

















These beautiful mountains are outside of Silverton Colorado. It is called Red Mountain. Gee, wonder why. That is snow on the peaks. I kept telling Chuck it was not snow, but just part of the mountain make-up. We all know by now the Chuck does NOT do snow and I was worried he might turn around if he thought he was in snow. Lucky my ploy worked!!! Pancho thought it was way to cold and stayed on my lap with a blanket around him.



















Some views of Gunnison from one of the Geo caches that we did in Hartman Recreation Area.
This is just outside of Gunnison. I just love this valley. We are in some really cool rocks. I will get pictures of them today when we go back and post them.















In the distance there is the town of Gunnison.














Chuck and I love this cabin. No one around, the creek flowing by it. Plenty of room for our RV in the back. No for sale sign. Oh well, guess we will keep traveling.
















Well, that is it on the pictures. So I guess that I will go for now and post more later. It is nice to be on the road again, although I wish I could bring the kids with us. Oh well, then we would all get tired of each other.
So for now I say good-by and we will post more in about three or four days.
Take care of each other.
Chuck, DeeDee and Pancho.

Here is a site that may interest you'all. My cousin sent it to me.

Remember When

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you are still enjoying yourselves and geo caching as well. Pancho looks like he is having fun too. We are back in Australia catching up with a new grand daughter but will be back in the States mid July. Maybe will catch up with you somewhere on the road. In the meantime have fun.

Anonymous said...

G'day - Glad to see you are on the road and enjoying yourselves. Pancho too by the look of it. We are back in Australia catching up with our new grandaughter. Will arrive back in San Francisco early July to continue on our adventures in North America. Maybe will run into you somewhere along the road.
Cheers for now.
Wok n Wobyn