Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mothers Day weekend, Pinos Altos New Mexico

Yep, as usually we are late. Yes, I said usually. ha ha
Today it is 97 degrees and it is only 10:30, it is suppose to get up to over 100 today. I get my lay in the sun time in early. Nope, no pictures of that grossness.

Onto mothers day. Chuck and I, Gary, Joann, Keith and Travis went to Pinos Altos on an ATV ride and to Check out Keiths mines he has there. This is just some of the cool stuff we found while we were out.

Lookie, Lookie at the cave. It was really cool. Seriously, at least 30 degrees cooler than outside!! This is the entrance.



Gary went in First, Travis making sure he is in before he decended, than I went.



This is going in the inside. Keep in mind it is pitch black in this thing, so my flash was really working great. (Much to Travis's disappointment as I kept blinding him)




Yep, see the blind. Notice the little flashlight, then all the sudden comes my flash. It looks like poor Travis's eyes were caught off guard. Yeah, you can be sure I got the word to knock it off. Of course as always, Travis was very polite about it. We found no gold in this mine, but will go back at a later date with a better light system to check it out.




Look at that fine looking boy. This is after we left the cave and had been running around for awhile on the ATV's. Pancho found a mud pond and had a blast. Here he is looking to make sure I am still with him. He has to be sure I am behaving myself. (I can never misbehave between my dog and family....)

Now, this is Belle. This is Pancho's girlfriend. They look alike do they not. We are planning a wedding for them in October. No babies cause both have been fixed, but kids are not everything in a relationship.


This is Pancho teaching bell how to dig a proper hole. She seems to be doing a pretty good job. That hole got pretty deep. We looked (and found) gold flakes in the dug up soil.


This is Belle's mom and our friend Joann. She is a fun person and a great friend.


Here is Chuck and Gary finding a vein of gold. I mean, they got a nice haul out of this little pile of rock. Gary and Keith's main job that day was to teach Joann and I how to spot gold and to tell the difference from fools gold to real gold. Keiths mine is full of gold.
Here is a great picture. It shows the learning going on. We were just in a little wash looking at rocks and found a bunch with veins of gold in them. Next stop is Keiths to pulverize the gold and other mineral. That has not happened yet as Chuck got a major head cold, and now everyone else is getting it. Yes, the family who shares is a good thing, but don't you think there should be limits???
Here is Keith and Chuck at the top of the world.
There is so many more pictures, but for now that is all.

The sad news however, is my poor little Pancho got attacked by on of Gary's big dog's. Pancho is in recovery, but has three broken ribs, a bruised spine, holes all over his neck, face, side's and rear end.
It appears Scout picked Pancho up and shook him. I thank god that Pancho's neck and back was not broken. A lesson here is no matter how much the big dogs and little dogs get along and play, NEVER trust them alone like I did. Scout was being a dog, and I can not hate him for that, but from now on, Pancho will NEVER play with a big dog without me there. Especially with my little boys macho bravo. I am sure that Pancho was on Scouts ass when it came to who owns what house as Scout got Pancho right at our steps coming into our trailer. I had seen a display of aggression on Pancho's part to the other dogs about what is his territory (his house). I am sure this is what happened and Pancho got the better of the aggression. Scout is no angel either. He is an intact male that has attacked and torn up Gary's donkey, so I do not put that dog on a parasol. I would of shot him for attacking and tearing up the donkey, but it is not my dog.
I just learned a valuable lesson at my poor dogs expense.
The vet here was great and Thank you to my sis for doing a long distance Reika on Pancho.

Well, for now, I guess this is all I have to say. We have been waiting on the weather to change in the Midwest. I have a great fear of Twisters. I have been in Hurricanes, earthquakes, lighting storms, small floods and a couple of close calls with Twisters. Nothing makes me more afraid than these dam twisters that come out of the sky and suck you dead.

So until I post again, Take care of each other and be happy.
Chuck , Dee and Pancho

No comments: