Thursday, July 02, 2009

Under way 7/2/09

Well, I think that I have officially left Deming. I got on the road this morning about 5:00 am after a crappy nights sleep. I think it may have been anticipation of leaving. Feet hit the floor @ 2:30 AM. Arrived at Elephant butte State park around 7:00 am, and it was pretty much full due to the 4th of July weekend. Unhooked at a wide spot and headed out to find the Williamsburg VFW. Found it and got an OK to camp in their parking lot…Went back to Elephant butte and got the 5th wheel and headed for the VFW. After getting set up I of course went in to have a cool one. Cool, they are having a 9 Ball tournament at 2:00 PM.

Later on in the day, Faired OK at the tournament but ended of loosing. Oh well that happens quite a bit.

AT 3:30 The temp here hit 103…………………………………….I was sure that I had gained a bunch of elevation and was headed North. It sure don’t feel like it.

No comments: