Saturday, January 13, 2007

Aticama

Tecapan to San Blas
Distance 156 miles Time right at 5 hours. That
's long enough for us. That's a day in our book... So be it.......














Ok, I got to tell you all something before I start yacking about where we are staying this time. There was a guy we met and he is very nice. We have talked to him quite a bit, and he is friendly. He said to me "You know, you do barbarian chic very well." Being the fashion icon I am, I laughed and said, "So tell me, what is barbarian chic". He smiles at me and says that is when a woman dresss as I do. (Like what??, I am not naked, but hold on a minute, he did say DRESSs) I have to ask, How do I dress? He says that I wear lots of cut off levis (yeah, I know, I did cut up chucks old pants for shorts just before we came into Mexico) and I wear lacy sleevless tops with Jewelery. Barbarian chic. I guess this works for me!! I laughed and told him thank you I take that as a complament, he said that is how he meant it, especially since I "pull it off so well". So for all my friends and family out there, I want you to know you know a bonified Fashion Trend setter!!
Ok, Onward and Upward!!
This is a picture of the sunset last night. This is a little arch that goes out to the ocean. I think it is just a lovely touch to the park. But I really like archways and arbors, so of-course I would think this. Isn't it just beautiful!!
We are at Playa Amour outside of San Blass by about 8.5 miles. Hay, very little bugs that bit at night!!















This is another picture of the sunset, from a different angle. The sun has almost dropped into the ocean to sizzle out for another day. I love the sky and the light play on the water. I am wondering if I could paint one of these pictures. Guess I won't know until I try!!















For me, this is total tropical. Palm tree, Sunset, ocean and part of the beach with a sprinkle of rocks just before the sand. This is right out our left side from the RV.
















This is our RV in the picture. This is what we are looking out at our back window. Pretty is it not!!!














Yesterday Chuck and I were going to go to an island. However, after I saw how far it was to get to said island (about a 70 miles truck ride backtracking the way we just came from) and honestly, I just did not feel like driving all that way. So we decided to go into San Blas as I really needed a pair of sandels since my brand new ones just broke. Let me tell you all something. IF your coming into Mexico and you like Flip Flops, bring your own. They are pricey out here. However, on that note, let me backtrack a bit and tell you that Teresa and I were in a Mall in Las Cruces about three months ago and I saw some sandels I really liked. Bead on top, etc. They were $80.00. Yeah, for a pair of fancy flip flops. Yesterday I found the EXACT sandels in San Blas for $7.50 US. Needless to say I bought a pair. I have been told these sandels are all over Mexico.
Sorry, got off tract!! After San Blass we are touring down the road and we see a sign advertising crocodiles. So we decide, hay, why not, lets go!! So we go.
Me being the crazy girl I am, did not take any pictures of driving through the Banana grove, but I should of. It was really cool. No, we did not stop and snatch any banana's as that is some body's bread and butter.
We got to the croc place and was very surprised. It was so clean and well kept. Crocs from this size below.....















To this size here.















Oh, backtrack again, this is a picture of some fruit growing on trees outside of the banana farms. I looked in the market for them and have not seen them anywhere, and we do not know what they are, but they sure do look like something that might taste good. Does anyone know what these are??















In the croc park, there is a beautiful lagoon that has the clearest water. No swimming allowed. That is where the wild croc's live. And there were a hugh one in that water!!
This tree was absolutely beautiful and since we never know when we will be back here, I needed a picture of it.
I thought I would share it with you all.




















Also at this park, besides croc's were other animals. Juvelina (jungle pigs), raccoon in with four cudamondies, deer, Macaws, golden eagle and iguanas. Now, I did get pictures of them, however, they are on my camera and chuck did download them OR they came out so bad they were made to go away. (story of my life when it comes to anything techincal) However, Pancho was with us during this adventure. The deer (gentle little creatures that was licking my hand) attacked Pancho. Knocked that cage with it's hoof and a snort. Chuck laughed, Pancho attacked and I jumped. So we go and see the raccoon and cudamondies. Now, Chuck tells me..."Dee, DO NOT put your hand in there as those things bit" Of course, I tell my sweetie (who is trying to be protective) OK HONEY!!! Well guess what, these cute little creatures have been handled allot and want a back scratching. I did, they were happy and then swiped at Pancho for a death kill. Those things have claws about three inches long and hard as steel. (I know, I was petting ones paws and asking her is she would like me to paint them for her) Pancho attacks, we left. So we come along to the pigs. Pancho and I get to the fence so we can watch them eat, and that pig goes Ballistic! Calls all the other pigs over (I just saw this one, I had no clue there were a whole damm herd in there) to they could eat Pancho. Pancho attacks. Pigs come running out of everywhere, It was a pig manic race to see who could kill the dog!! I took Pancho up to the top of the hill so I could see how many pigs there are, then realize WHY they are going pig ballistic. They have three babies. So I leave (after I get pictures) and onward we go. Up the hill is a iguana place. I saw one HUGH one, but it got one look at us and split. By now I am thinking these animals must not like Pancho. So we head over and look at the birds. Eagle spots Pancho and his interest is peeked to the max. He is swaying back and fourth, Peeking up and down and looking VERY interested. I picked Pancho up as I was worried the bird would fly at the dog and hurt himself on the cage. That eagle watched me pick Pancho up and watched as we walked away.....Food.
So much for Pancho making friends with other animals. When we left the park there was a horse tied to a tree, so I had to go say hi to it. Pancho barked. He was going to be the first this time. Pancho went in the truck. Big day for him. He really should be happy we like him, we could of feed him to anyone of those animals. Croc's included.
So this is our adventures so far. We came home, I went and laid in the sun for a bit with my book, swam in the ocean a couple times and relaxed. Today we went into San Blas for groceries, had a nice lunch, went to a fruit farm and got some wonderful dried Mango's for snacks and now I am talking to you all. Oh, I did take Pancho to the beach with the camp's puppy so they could run and play. Now they are both sleeping.
Tomorrow we leave here and head toward PV. We are not going to stay but a day in that area, and then go past the city to another campground. Puerto Vallarta does not hold a lot of interest for Chuck and I, so we are headed for different territories. As you all can see, we really like beaches and small town's more than big cities. I think when we get to Acapulco I might take a bus into the city and taxi around so I can see some history filled building as stuff like that. Who knows, maybe when I see the city I will change my mind.
So for now, this is it. We will post again in a few days.
Much love
Chuck and Dee and Pancho to!!

No comments: