Sunday, July 08, 2007

Moab, UT First Days.

We have arrived in Moab Utah. Jim and Jackie Nobles told us we would really like this place a couple of years ago before we had came to see it. They were right. We really like it here. The first day here we were the only ones on the mesa. Last year we were here in August and it was pretty warm. This year we are here in July and it is still pretty warm. Oh well, as warm and ends well..... tee hee hee
So when it is really warm out, this is how you enjoy the day. See Chuck. See Chuck relax. See Chuck keep cool. Thats all you all get to see of Chuck!!!
















Pancho and I go for a walk in the mornings and in the evenings. We road the ATV around one of the "loops" I walk so I could know how far it is. It is one mile ... Ok, just a tinny bit more than one mile. But knowing it is a mile makes me happy.

On our first walk out, this is what we found. Yep, a riddle snake....Oh alright, it is a rattle snake. I was just trying to not scare ya all. Actually this was the SECOND one we found. The first was just a few feet from us, I had actually been looking on the ground while I walked and stepped right over the first one. So from then on I kept my eyeballs peeled. These snakes are small, but no less a threat to me. This second one was more aggressive than the first one we encountered. If you have a hard time seeing it, look above the stick in the grass. They blend very nice with the soil do they not??
















Yesterday, Wayne, Anna and Duffers(their dog) came in with there rigs. Our plans were to meet them here. Last night we went on a wonderful short ATV ride in some beautiful country. We saw a big horn sheep from afar. We had spy glasses so we were able to see it pretty well. Sorry, no pictures last night.
But today we went on a 48 mile ride. This is wayne going by a huge rock that had slipped off the face of the cliff. I wanted perspective and I think we got it.















This is the way Pancho likes to ride. Back legs on the fattiness of my belly and his front paws up on Dads shoulders so he can see over Dad's head!!!















This is Dufflers, Wayne and Pancho at a rest stop. I just love this picture. Pancho is in his basket that is strapped on the front of the ATV. He would much rather ride between Chuck and I.
















This is crusin Anna. This is a great picture also. She can sure ride that thing to.














This picture is for my Uncle Gary. Do not let Teenagers drive. This could be Chris!!! ha ha ha















Our destination was a mine that uranium was mined from. Unfortunately, since last year the mines have been blasted shut. However, I thought it was weird how it was not cost effective to remove the machinery from the sites, so they just left them here to rot. Oh, wait, metal does not rot!!!















I wanted to put so many more pictures in, but Chuck said eight was enough. There has to be a reason behind that therapy. I mean theory.
Oh, by the way, I have been published!!! Yeah, really and truly. In a book about RVing lifestyles. It is a book a lady put together and it has all sorts of tips, answers to questions people have and stories from people like me and Chuck who RV all the time. I tell what our experiences have been. AND....IF you can BELIEVE it, she did not censor the way I talk. Pretty dang cool in MY book....Oh, not THAT book, well, maybe so now that I am published!!! Anyone wanting to know more about the book, let me know and I can send you a link to her site.
Oh yeah, today was about 100 degrees and Yes it felt good to rest under the shade of trees (shrubs passing as trees) and felt good to get home and take a cold shower. We got a short but wonderful sprinkle of rain to help cool us off on our last eight miles or so, but the wind kicking up also was a pain in the eyes....and nose....
So for now, thats all folks!!!
Talk to you some more later.
Chuck, Dee and Pancho

No comments: