Saturday, July 14, 2007

More of Moab,UT

Y'all
If I sound a bit fun(!!) it is because Anna has introduced me to this great drink they call musty's. That means must have more than one. I am working on my second one in an hour, so I am feeling quite abit "Fun" if you get my drift. For those who do not know me very well, I am a cheap drunk. Always have been and always will be. I just do not drink very much, but when I find a drink I like, I go for it. So let me tell ya all how to make a Musty.
Pour a shot of Vodka and a spash into a glass
Put in ice to fill
Pour a splash of worchestershire sauce in
pour Clamato Tomato Cocktail in till almost full (it MUST be clamato, not V-8 as Anna says it will not taste the same)
Squeeze a slice of fresh lime and one of lemon in the glass. (throw the wedges of lime and lemon in the ice so you can eat them when your at the bottom of the drink...they are Really good!!)
Then put a heaping teaspoon of Clamato Rimmer in the glass and stir.
Now, we had no rimmer and I could not find any in a store, so I made up my own. When I am sober I can do things like that. Anyway, to make rimmer, use season salt, celery seed and ground pepper and mix together. Good stuff. the salt makes the drink with the snap of pepper and celery seed. Unfortunally, the season salt makes a bit to much salt, but when that is all that available, thats what you use.
Man, I sure have made lots of mistakes on this typing. Good thing I am not so drunk I can not see and realize what I am doing. At least (like all drunks) I think so.

Ok, enough of my bull-stuff, on with the blog!!

Let me tell ya all something. When you go ATVing with Anna and Wayne O'Neil, you go on TRAILS!! These two are die hard ATVers. We will leave here at 8:30 in the morning and not get back until 6:30 at night. I have learned to put some meat to marinade all day, come home cook it up and open a can of vegetables. We eat as we watch the beautiful sunset.

Anyway, this is a rest stop in the shade. Oh blessed shade. We love it. 'Especially since it has been any wheres from 100 to 107 during the day.
















Chuck took this picture. Is it not pretty!!




















Here is Wayne looking at the territory. Actually, he was trying to convince me (the resend chicken) to take the ATV down a short cut to home. When I finally agreed 'cause I thought I had worked out the way down, everyone else said NO WAY!!! Guess that learned us both a lesson. (Soon as I figure it out, I will let ya all know what the lesson learned was!)



















Anna. Peaceful under the shade. AAHH.... the cold beer, shade, beautiful scenery......















The pups. AAHHH, water, shade, peaceful......yes, this is the life, cool dirt. Duffers, Anna and Waynes dog has been so good to Pancho. Pancho plays and she will sometimes (she is a lot older than him) and makes him feel so loved and important. She is such a sweet girl. Pancho is trying to get her to hunt more rabbits with him, however, he hunts ALL the time and she is trying to teach him to pace himself.



















Man, this picture just does not show how steep this damm hill was!!! It was steep!! That is Anna going down it (Go Gunny!!) but like I said, this picture just does not do the hill justice.















This is Anna again. Once again, this picture does not show the steepness of the hill. However, if you look in the background, you can see where we came up (we were on that road down there, and by them cliffs in the backgound) from the valley floor.
















I hope this picture helps some to let you all know where Anna and Wayne take us. This is Anna on the ATV on the side of a slick rock. Chuck is holding on the back of the ATV, and Wayne is on the side on the front. They are on a 45 degree angle, the ATV is in 4 low crawling.

















This is wayne for a perspective shot. Is the area not just breathtaking!!!

















Chuck coming down at a 45 degree angel. I sure wish the camera would take better pictures so you all could know what I was seeing. Oh wait!!! Look at the rocks behind him, Maybe that will help you to understand why I was walking and taking pictures!!
















Another shot of rocks and steep hills. We were making up what the rocks resembled every time we passed some. This is Chuck on top of a steep slick rock. I walked down so I could get a picture of it. Notice how high up he is and I am down on the bottom. Believe it or not, I did not have to make the camera go all the way "out".














We are on top of seven mile rim. That is the highway going into Moab. Yep, high up. On top of the world. Needless to say, chuck took this picture as I do NOT get that close to the end of the rocks. Chicken Dee, yep, that is me. Alive and happy!!!

















I think this is Merimack rock. Impressive is it not. We are at the bottom of that rock taking a shade break.















Other side of Mermack. Yep, Long ass day on the ATV but the scenery is so worth it. Thank God for Anna and Wayne who know these trails like they made them. Chuck and I would not of gotten to see as much if it was not for them. Although, I am glad we took today off so my back can rest. Gets bumpy on the back of that ATV.















This is a shade/beer/water break. (Yeah, I know I am the one drinking the water...hay, beer does not cut the thirst ok!!! besides tasting bad (american beer that is)



















Uranium Arch.
This was a really nice Arch. The picture does NOT do it justice. There are so many colors in this rock that is it unbelieving.















We took a lunch break under this arch. It was so cool in the shade and cool rocks and so pretty, I hated to leave. Thanks to Wayne and Anna for bring us here. Just beyond words.
















Dellenbaugh Tunnel.
This was a lot of fun. Chuck had gone down there first, but forgot the camera. I went and got the camera, but by the time I got back, he was out. So Wayne went in and I followed him with our camera. Look at the rock formations from the water flow in the winter.















This is in the tunnel looking out over the side where the water falls out. No, Chicken Dee did NOT lean over to get the shot. She put her arm out and looked the other way (so not to get dizzy) and took the shot hoping the camera had a good eye. Of-course, being it is Chucks camera it had a good eye. Thats called a shot of skill. Or Lucky shot, depending on where you are and who your trying to B.S.















Oh, that is me going into a tunnel and the Duffers and Anna following us!!! This tunnel was most welcome cause by then I was getting way to hot from the sun.















Chuck took this shot of me walking out of the Tunnel. Look at that. What a nice picture. The light coming in from the front of the rocks, dark in the background.















Look real close (or click on the picture and it will get bigger) and see the nesting dove.


















Gemini Bridges /Bull Canyon
This was another trip. A different day. We went to Gemini bridges and to Bull Canyon. This is Gemini Bridges. They call it such as there are two arches side by side.















The formations on the rocks are incredible. This looks like a bird condo.
















More rocks looking down from where we are standing. (Man, we stand on some scary stuff don't we!!)















Hay, Can you see us now??? This is Anna, Pancho and I on one of the Gemini arches. Duffers was under the shade of the overhang off to the right of us. I know MY kids are impressed I am out there, but to be honest, it is a real wide walkway.














This is inside of bull canyon. Anna and I are resting. They boys said "Cheese" and I cheesed it up. Anna would kill me if she saw this, but what the heck, unless Shelly, her son, tells her about it, she will know know until we are in Oregon... So Shelley....it is a secret!!! (ha ha)
























Green River
This was a DIFFERENT day. We went to Green River. This was a ride (eight hours) into a canyon that was just breathtaking. On the rock walking is Wayne.















This is Anna sitting on a ledge looking at the green River. I would NOT go there. It was to scary for DeeDee's.















Pancho navigating the rocks to come to his mama. Gosh, I just love that little dog.
















This is an Arch (Cliffhanger Arch) over the Green River. This is a chuck shot. One needed to get way to close to the edge for these shots. The biggest problem with these pictures are they were taken in the heat of the day. Meaning the camera washed out all the reds in the colors of the rocks.















This was our Lunch stop. In the shade of the overhangs (on the bottom of the rocks) a cool breeze blows. It is wonderful. I have treated to bring a sheet and lay it on the sand in the shade and take a nap. However, a good nap to me a at least an hour and a half. We never sit anywhere that long. Maybe a half hour.















Green River and the Valley. We are (of course) on the top of the mesa. We were down in the valley, but one must come up to go home. The scenery on camera just does not compare to in person.














Another Arch we "discovered" somewhere. Must of been in the green river bason as this is the series of pictures we are in. There are so many formations out here they can all kind of run together.















This is a cave in the valley floor of the basin. Once again a beer/shade/rest stop with water for the dogs and me. So for now folks, see ya in a few days. Soon we are going to trailer to Onion Mountain and ATV the Purple rocks. Until we Post again, take care of each other. Much love to all. Chuck, Dee and Pancho

1 comment:

tiffany oneil said...

Hi from Tiffany, Shelley and little Lydianna. The pictures are fantastic and I am glad to see that you are enjoying Anna's musty's as much as we do!! Tell Grandma that her house is fantastic but she needs to quit watering soooooo much before she leaves as I had to take two sick days to get it all done!!!! HAHHAHAHAHAHa. Tell them that Lydi talks about them daily. In fact Cam stopped to get some stuff out of the shop and as soon as she heard him in there she went a running, yelling puppa puppa!!! Very cute. Give them a big hug from all of us. Tiffany