Thursday, January 17, 2008

More of Quartsite

Thursday January 17th

Today we went to the "Main Event" area.

Dee picked up some feathers for her art stuff and I managed to pick up 10 air chucks. 10, Why 10? Well because they were 10 for $1.00 or you could get a steal deal and pay $.50 each. So 10 works for me.

Here are a few shots of vendor spots.

Dee here. Look at all the twirlers. These were a big seller five years ago the first time we saw them. We have a brown one with a adobe house on it. Now they have anything you can imagine on them. Very pretty.
















If you click on this picture you can see these neat little birdhouses. This could be a good do it yourself project if you get your own wood. I thought they were pretty cool. Pancho wanted to mark them, but we have a rule. No marking around the vendors things. This includes tents. Needless to say, I carry the little boy allot when we are in the vendors area.

















Chuck liked these wooden things. I agree they took a lot of work, but we did not need any. I think if they had motors chuck might of thought a little harder about one.















This is the vendor I get my stuff at. Yeah, lots of killed animals, but we people seem to like things like that. Personally, I do not mind killed animals as long as their ate. I wonder how many people ate them coyotes and foxes. Wonder if they tasted like chicken?















After doing the vendor thing, we came home and ate lunch, then I settled in to keep warm under my blanket and read a book. About a half hour later, Chuck thought going to get a Geo Cache would be good. I was not going to go cause it is pretty cold, but Pancho was having such a fit at the door I decided he needed to go out for an outing. Man was that dog ready!!! He was so happy to be on the ATV he jumped up on Chucks shoulders and smiled the whole way. We ended up getting three Geo Caches. It was a lot of fun. We went over rocky hills and into washes and had a grand time.
When we got back it was about five in the evening. That is the time the coyotes come out and start to scout around the trailers to smell the cooking smells. Pancho was in my arms and I still had his ATV harness on him. I was glad about that as he decided he was going to defend us against the coyote. The coyote just stood there watching. I guess the coyote was about 30 feet away. Anyway, after a bit the coyote got tired of waiting for me to put down its snack (that would be Pancho) so it turned around and slowly walked away. Poor Pancho, another coyote got away. Pancho sure is brave when he is in my arms or in the truck. Very mean one he is.

Tomorrow if Chuck does not forget the camera, maybe we can get some pictures while we are out on the ATV. Personally, I know I have spent more money than Chuck here, but I am about ready to break down and get another jacker. One with a windbreaker built in. I am in three layers of long sleeved jackets and still the cold wind is bitting into me. Lets all give Dee a big "AAAHHH poor Dee." There, thank you.

No comments: