Thursday, August 27, 2009

The latest

Well, the first week at home was a real learning experience. The thing that I thought would be the easiest (Taking a shower)turned out to be the hardest. Try doing your dishes while standing on one foot some day, sounds easy enough. Vacuuming and mopping the kitchen and bathroom floors were tricky but I managed. Tracy came over and helped me with laundry and Travis has also been indispensible with various tasks that I could not do.

John, a friend from Colorado showed up in Deming on Monday, so him Deloris ( a school mate of Johns) and I went slumming. Went to the American Legion and Membris Golf club house for a couple of drinks. I had to drink water (That really sucks) as the meds they have me on and alcohol do not mix. I think that the alcohol would make a better pain killer.We had fun and some interesting conversations.

Tuesday 08/18 John and I went to Palomas MX to get some OSO Negro (Mexican Gin). We each picked up 2 bottles. Had some Guacamole and Tacos. We notice something a little different about the tacos and come to find out they had PaPas (Potatoes) in them. They still tasted fine.

No comments: