Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not a happy camper.

Yesterday 8/26 Travis took me to a couple of Dr appointments in Las Cruces. The second appointment was with the Dr that did my amputation. The PA walks in and looks at the incision, which I had already removed the dressing from and says, It looks like you  got a little bit of infection there. Then asks why I had not come in to get the stitches removed 10 days after surgery. Well dude if you had told me to come in I might have done that but first off you did not tell me and second I was still in the Rehab Hospital at that time.Where were you guys? After much ado. I told him it was water under the bridge now and it’s to late so let’s get on with it. He prescribed some antibiotics and that’s that. The nurse, at least I assumed it was a nurse is this big guy over 6ft gets all his stuff together (We get along great and he has one hell  of a sense of humor).  and starts removing these stitches which have now been in me for a month. Needless to say I am NOT A HAPPY CAMPER as they are pretty much buried which pretty much means that it hurt like hell when he was removing them. Finally got em all out though, so it’s on to bigger and better things. Don’t you just hate it when you do everything you are told too and still catch hell for it…………………..????????????????. Now they want me to air out the wound and let it scab over. I have another appointment with them the 8th of next month.

 

That’s my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: